Pros and Cons : Comparison Guide For Massage Roller Sticks
It doesn’t look like much at first sight, but there’s plenty of great benefits that you can get from using a massage roller stick. If you’re an athlete or someone who works out a lot, it would help you avoid injuries sustained during training as it warms up your muscles thoroughly. The stick also helps improve circulation, drawing in more blood to the muscles and replenishing it with much needed oxygen. It also promotes muscle growth and repair. Through better circulation, the muscles also get the nutrients they need to repair themselves and grow stronger. It can be time-consuming to use for some people, especially those who are always on the go, may not have enough time to use it to its maximum efficiency.
1. 18 inch Massage Stick roller by Idson
• Can help relieve any muscle soreness, aid in muscular recovery and improve muscle strength. This is great for athletes and non-athletes alike. Even regular employees would find this very relaxing after a long day of sitting behind a desk.
• Roller is made from industrial strength materials, guaranteed to be very durable. Ergonomic grip handles help with ease of use.
• Its size makes it easy to carry around so you can bring it with you just about anywhere. 18×1.5 inches can fit easily into most kit bags.
• The material used can be unyielding so if you’re someone who wants some flexibility, this might not be the product for you.
• If you’re planning to use it on your back or areas not easily reachable, you will need the assistance of another person.
2. 18.3 inch massage roller stick by Supremus Sports
• Do myofascial release without having to pay for a physical therapist to do the job. This should help you save a lot of money and tailor the process according to your own preferences.
• The Supremus Sports roller is a “STIFF” stick which should provide you with enough firmness to even out the pressure applied to any area of the body you use it on.
• Great for eliminating tightness and trigger points in the muscles especially after workouts or any strenuous activity. If you hike, bike, and run a lot, then this is great for relieving your muscles after.
• This particular massage roller stick isn’t the easiest to carry around considering its length and weight. If you travel a lot and plan on bringing your roller stick along, something smaller might be better for the job.
• It might squeak during the first few times of use, but this lessens significantly after a while.
3. Massage Stick roller by Elite sports equipment
• Comes with FREE access to various How-Videos on the company’s website which would provide information on how to effectively use the muscle roller.
• The stick itself is made out of high quality materials and features rubber handles to make usage more comfortable.
• It also provides one of the smoothest rotations, allowing for a more even pressure when massaging the muscles.
• Is not as flexible as other muscle rollers. This product can be quite rigid so getting into curved parts of the body would require some work.
4. Massage Stick by The Stick
• Best used for warm-ups and for the prevention of muscle-related injuries especially if you do plenty of strenuous exercises and activities.
• It can help disperse lactic acid in the muscles following workouts and also aid in accelerating muscle recovery.
• The product itself is made out of space-age plastic which gives it a level of flexibility that other similar tools do not have.
• It can give maximum compression for muscles and also comes with a comfort grip, allowing you to easily manipulate it along the problem areas.
• For people who like their massage roller sticks to be a bit more rigid, this might not be the right option. It all boils down to personal preference when it comes to this.
• Smaller than most rollers which might be a problem for those who want something wider to cover more surface area.
5. Pressure Point Spiky Massager Stick by Gaiam
• Its unique shape and spikes will enable you to have better accuracy when targeting certain pressure points in the muscles. The spikes help with increasing circulation on both the legs and the back.
• The specially designed nodules help with further deepening the massage and stretching the muscles, making it effective for alleviating pain.
• Ergonomic grips provide comfort when being used as well as more control. It might be smaller than a lot of the other sticks, but its size does enable it to reach areas that would have been difficult for the bigger sticks to tackle.
• The size might be an issue for some people. Because it is smaller than most, there might be a bit of a struggle when trying to reach the upper and lower back.
• It also covers only a small amount of area at a time and for people who want quick relief, this might be an issue. The spikes are meant to focus only on certain muscles at a time so massaging might take you longer than usual.
6. Massage Stick roller by Natures Sports
• If you’re looking for something rigid, this is one of the best options. It can be effectively used as a myofascial release tool which should help hasten recovery post training.
• The product itself is rubberized, guaranteeing no accidental slips during use. It also comes with a wide enough surface area, suited for massaging areas such as the legs and back.
• It is a stiff stick so if you want something with a bit more flex, this might not suit your preference.
• It is also one of the more expensive Massage Stick rollers currently available.
7. Massage Stick roller by Crossactiv
• The Chameleon is fully changeable and adjustable to suit any need. This unique feature allows it to follow the contour of your body and muscles, allowing for a deeper massage.
• The balls on this roller stick can be rearranged to help you better target any trigger points you might have. It can be used as a calf roller too and even as a foot massager! Think of it as multi-purpose and fully customizable.
• For people who don’t like DIY steps when buying products, this might be a turn off. You will need to put the massager together before you’re able to use it.
• It also doesn’t provide that much flex and is considered to be a STIFF stick.
8. Massage Stick roller by Tiger Tail USA
• Comes in two different sizes: 18” and 22” so you have options and would find something that fits your needs. After all, people don’t just come in a singular size too. The 22” does offer more surface area so do consider this.
• Can be cleaned quite easily. Most people would use warm soapy water for it to get rid of any sweat stains. You can also use a towel to clean off the roller surface, it all depends on your own preferences.
• The core is made out of plastic and some people might prefer something else as this material is known to break under too much pressure.
• The design is pretty basic compared to others, without some of the special features that most of the newer massagers have.
9. Massage Stick roller by Prosatisfy
• This stick roller features multiple textures as well as moving rollers which gives a much deeper muscle massage. It will not only help with circulation, but also with muscle recovery especially during post-training.
• The moving pieces are specially designed to avoid sticking to the skin which might cause some discomfort in some people. It is also made of high-grade materials which are easy to clean.
• Its construction might be too rigid for people who want a bit of flex when it comes to their roller sticks, especially since that helps with reaching angled areas of the body.
10. Massage Stick roller by Fit Harmony 365
• Because of 5- star spindle design, this this roller stick is capable of providing a much deeper muscular massage when used. For people who regularly workout or experience cramps because of daily activities, it is effective for easing both pain and tension.
• It also works as a great accompaniment to a foam roller if you own one. It can reach areas that the foam roller may not be able to reach, thus providing a fuller body massage.
• At 23 inches, this is one of the bigger Massage Sticks available so if you’re looking for portability, it might be an issue for some.
• The construction and material doesn’t appear very sturdy—given that it is also quite lightweight.
Final though on these massage sticks. It all depends on you. Some people prefer cushioned vs the hard rolls in the middle or the individual rolls. My all time favorite is the Massage Stick roller by Tiger Tail USA. I still use it today and I have had for four years. Amazon’s choice is the Massage Stick roller by Elite sports equipment and many people enjoy that as well. Please go through the list of massage sticks. Any of them work just as well. Good luck.